Are you a self-professed Christmas crazy? Does the festive season give you that warm fuzzy feeling? The proof is in the Christmas pudding, so put your trivia knowledge to the test with the Twelve Questions of Christmas quiz…
(Pssst, you’ll find the answers at the end – no peeking!)
1. What are the four ghosts in Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol (2009)?
a) Bob, Larry, Joe, Gary
b) Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
c) Jacob Marley, Christmas past, Christmas present, Christmas yet to come
2. An Oscar Meyer Wiener Whistle and Mystery Date game were gifts given by Santa in what movie?
a) Arthur Christmas
b) Fred Claus
c) The Santa Clause
3. What does Susan Walker tell Kris Kringle she wants more than anything in the world in A Miracle on 34th Street (1994)?
a) A beautiful Barbie doll
b) A family
c) A villa holiday to France
4. Fill in the blanks: “We elves like to stick to the four main food groups: candy, candy canes, candy corns and _____.”
5. Who has NOT covered Mariah Carey’s 1994 classic ‘All I Want for Christmas Is You’?
a) Michael Bublé
b) Lady Antebellum
c) Christina Aguilera
6. Name that song:
a) Driving Home for Christmas
b) Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
c) Baby It’s Cold Outside.
7. Name that song:
“Gone away is the bluebird, here to stay is a new bird…”
a) Home for the Holidays
b) Winter Wonderland
c) White Christmas
8. Fill in the blanks:
a) hand; you cut it off.
b) tears; you gave them away.
c) heart; you gave it away.
Christmas around the World
9. Which country traditionally eats a KFC for Christmas dinner?
10. Which country traditionally favours decorating boats instead of Christmas trees?
11. In which language does ‘Feliz Navidad’ mean ‘Merry Christmas’?
12. Which European country sets extra places at the dining table on Christmas morning for deceased relatives
Ready for the answers…?
Here we go!
1.c / 2.c / 3.b / 4.a / 5.c / 6.b / 7.b / 8.c / 9.b / 10.b / 11.b / 12.a